Smartphone Integration with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
When you purchase a new GMC or Buick vehicle, you’ll enjoy the latest in automotive and communications technology in Conway. That includes full smartphone integration with both Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. Unsure how to connect your smartphone to your new vehicle? Take a look at our guides and find out how easy it is to harness the power of your smartphone!
How to Connect Apple CarPlay®
Myrtle Beach drivers who use an iPhone will find it super easy to connect via Apple CarPlay® with these simple steps:
Apple CarPlay® Wireless Integration
Some new GMC and Buick vehicles and newer iPhones feature wireless integration. Check your owner’s manual to see if yours falls into this category. If so:
- Turn on your phone’s Bluetooth function and follow your owner’s manual instructions for pairing your Bluetooth to your vehicle.
- Once connected via Bluetooth, your infotainment screen will give you prompts to follow to start an Apple CarPlay® session.
Apple CarPlay® Lightning Cable Integration
You can also use a lightning cable to set up Apple CarPlay®. See the steps below:
- Connect a lightning cable to your iPhone and your vehicle’s USB port.
- Unlock your phone.
- When it’s ready to use, the Apple CarPlay® icon on your infotainment screen will turn green. If you have a Projection icon it will change to Apple CarPlay®. You’ll see your iPhone app icons on the infotainment screen when it’s ready to use.
- If Apple CarPlay® doesn’t automatically launch, touch the Apple CarPlay® icon on the infotainment screen.
If you have wireless integration and you use a lightning cable, the system will give you the option of switching to wireless.
How to Connect Android Auto™
What about Android users? Whether your vehicle has wireless connectivity or not, you can connect to Android Auto™ seamlessly.
Android Auto™ Wireless Integration
Like iPhone users in North Myrtle Beach, some Android mobile phone users can also wirelessly integrate their phones easily:
- Make sure your car is in park.
- Tap the gray Android Auto™ icon on the infotainment screen.
- Using your owner’s manual’s instructions, use Bluetooth to connect your phone to your car.
- Follow the prompts on the infotainment screen to start Android Auto™.
Android Auto™ USB Integration
If your vehicle doesn’t have wireless connectivity, you can use the USB method instead. Here’s how:
- Make sure your vehicle is in park.
- Attach your phone’s cable to the phone and the vehicle’s USB port. Your phone might ask you to download Android Auto™-related apps, which you should approve.
- Follow the prompts on the infotainment screen to launch.
- If Android Auto™ doesn’t automatically launch, touch the Projection icon or Android Auto™ icon on your touchscreen.
Get the Most Out of Your Vehicle with Hadwin-white Buick GMC, Inc.
The service department at Hadwin-white Buick GMC, Inc. is here to help you get the most out of every feature in your Buick or GMC! Unsure how something in your vehicle works? Contact us and we’ll walk you through any of the great amenities in your vehicle, so you can use all of the features in the Conway area!