Are Electric Vehicles (EVs) Right for You?
EVs are becoming increasingly popular among many Conway drivers. As technology improves, they’re growing to be a better fit for many different lifestyles. With many of the new electric vehicles today, you’ll find that there’s plenty of driving range available for the needs of most drivers.
Best of all, many EVs are packed full of the latest technology, making them comfortable, smart, and efficient. It can be a hard choice deciding between standard gas-powered vehicles and electric vehicles, however, we’re here to help you discover if EVs are right for your needs. Learn about the benefits of EVs today with Hadwin-white Buick GMC, Inc.!
Benefits of an EV
There’s a reason that more and more families in the Myrtle Beach area are upgrading to EVs. They come with a host of benefits and can truly be a great companion for your commutes. Let’s take a look at some benefits of an EV:
- Warranty: Similar to purchasing a standard new vehicle, many EVs come with comprehensive warranty coverage for added peace of mind. While it can vary, most manufacturers offer EV warranties that can range from 8 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) all the way up to 10 years of coverage, or even unlimited mile battery warranty protection.
- Less Complex: In addition to all-encompassing warranty coverage, EVs are by nature less complex than standard vehicles. There are fewer moving parts so, in theory, they’re less likely to fail and leave you stranded on the side of the road in North Myrtle Beach.
- Fast Charging: Modern-day EVs come with fast-charging capabilities that’ll allow you to enjoy quicker charging times. Some EVs like the 2022 GMC Hummer EV can even charge up to 100 miles of driving range in just 10 minutes with the proper charger.
- Charging Locations: As EVs become more popular, access to charging stations become more widely available. Now with the introduction of the incredible myGMC app, you’ll be able to easily locate a number of EV chargers all across the country.
- Growing Selection: With more and more drivers choosing EVs, the variety of models is increasing. In fact, if you look at the 2022 GMC Hummer EV, you’ll find that it’s a fully electric super truck that’s ready to take on any task or terrain.
- Performance: Not only are EVs quiet because there is no engine, they also have incredible performance and near-instantaneous acceleration capabilities that’ll make every drive exciting.
Difference Between Charging Levels
There are three main ways available for you to charge your EV. Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 charging. What are their differences? Find out below:
- Level 1: Level 1 charging refers to the common 120-volt outlet that’s available in most households. This is the slower way to charge an EV, and typically yields around three to five miles of range per hour.
- Level 2: Level 2 chargers typically utilize anywhere from 208-volts to 240-volts. Level 2 chargers can be installed in most homes and are capable of replenishing up to 12 and 80 miles of range per hour. Level 2 chargers can also be found at most public charging stations so you can use your myGMC app to locate them.
- Level 3: Level 3 chargers offer the maximum amount of charging. They’re often known as DC fast chargers and can charge up to 3 to 20 miles per minute. However, Level 3 chargers are harder to find and most homes don’t have the high-voltage supply to support a Level 3 charger.
Discover More About EVs Today With Hadwin-white Buick GMC, Inc.!
There’s plenty to learn about EVs and it’s clear that they can be a good choice for many drivers. Before introducing an EV to your Conway garage, make sure you give Hadwin-white Buick GMC, Inc. a visit today and we’ll help you go over additional EV information. Have any questions? Get in touch with us today!